Bulk upload your images from a CSV file
Sometimes you might have a list of image URLs that you wish to import into your Sirv account. It's easy to bulk upload a list or CSV of files. Multiple ways are described below.
The easiest way to upload a list of files within a CSV is with Sirv's bulk upload tool.
2. Click the "Batch file uploader".
If you don't see it in your list, ask the Sirv team to enable it for you.
3. Choose your CSV location - it can be on your computer, at a URL or on an FTP server:
4. Work through each step. Start by identifying the image URL column and any additional data you'd like to import (image description, SKU and title):
5. Choose the folder and naming structure. Also choose whether to rename your files - this is an opportunity to achieve any naming convention you require. Names can contain data from your CSV, making all kinds of names possible.
6. Run the import and a report will be generated to confirm which files were uploaded and which failed, if any.
Many kinds of CSV layout can be used. The only requirement is that there is at least 1 column of image URLs, which are publicly accessible (don't require a login). A first row header is recommended but not required.
Download these example CSV files, to see common layouts:
|4 columns, 5 images:
||5 columns, 15 images:
||12 columns, 49 images:
Bulk upload images with Replit
Alternatively, you could run a script in Replit to upload a list of files:
2. Go to Sirv's bulk image upload repl.
3. Click the 'Fork' button.
4. Follow the instructions on the page to create an API client, and add the 2 secret variables clientId, clientSecret via the Secrets tab on the left.
5. Copy the images URLs from your CSV file and paste into the files.csv file:
Lines can be terminated with or without a space, with a comma but not with a tab delimited file.
6. Click Run and the images will be uploaded to the /upload/ folder in your Sirv account (the folder will be created if it doesn't already exist).
Upload with the API
Alternatively, you can write your own script that utilises the REST API to fetch images from their URLs:
If you have any questions regarding how to bulk upload images from a CSV file to your Sirv account, please contact the Sirv support team.