Who are we?
Sirv is a trading name of Sirv Limited, a leading software company dedicated to rapidly delivering highly optimized product imagery either directly or through media viewers via a fast, global CDN. Sirv Limited is UK limited company (no. 06041171), registered at 9 Cowley Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 1HP, United Kingdom.
How do we collect data from you?
We obtain data about you when you use our website, for example, when you create a Sirv account, submit payment information for an account or contact us via our contact and enquiry forms.
What type of data is collected from you?
The personal data we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a purchase from our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your data used?
We may use your data to:
- Process a subscription that you have submitted.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Send you communications which you have requested, such as information about discounts and new products that might be of interest to you.
- Display personalized adverts for Sirv via remarketing.
- Process a job application.
We review our retention periods for personally-identifying data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of data to fulfil our statutory obligations (such as UK tax and accounting records). We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your data?
We will not sell or rent your data to third parties.
We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When you pay for a Sirv subscription in our checkout, your payment will be processed by a third party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website. This data is anonymized and we are not able to trace your browsing activity to you. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information. You can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking.
If you provide feedback about our service, your comments, name and website address may be included in our marketing communications. We will ask you for permission before publishing any such information.
How is your data secured?
All data collected on this website is stored on restricted database servers.
Sirv takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Our webservers are located in Germany. Any personally-identifiable information you enter into the website will be transferred out of your country and into Germany. You consent to such transfer through your use of Sirv.
How long we will retain your data for?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. For example, if you create a Sirv account, we retain profile information such as name and email in order to contact you about your account and provide services to you.
How do I change or delete my data?
You may review, update, correct or delete your information, if not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business reasons.
What if my data is breached?
If any security incident were to expose personally-identifying information, we will email those whose data was or may have been exposed, to explain what happened and describe any steps that might be required to secure their account. A description of the incident will also be published on our blog.
We send emails to our users and those who have subscribe to our newsletter, to keep them informed of their account usage and provide information about the service. You may opt-out of emails at any time via the unsubscribe link in each email.
Your data subject rights
You have rights with how your personal data is processed, which are described below. In some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be personal data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
- Right to be informed – You have the right to know how your data is being processed.
- Right of Access – Your have the right to access and request copies of your data that’s being collected.
- Right of Rectification – You have the right to modify or update your personal data if incorrect data is being used.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to delete any personal data that has been collected.
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to prevent a company from processing certain types of personal data.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to access your personal data and transfer it between controllers.
- Right to Object – You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data for public interest, marketing or research.
- Right to Reject Automated Decisions – You have the right to object to your data being processed by automatic systems.
To make any of the requests described above, contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this policy or our site in general, please contact us.