Easy Digimarc image watermarks
Instantly protect your images against copyright theft with Digimarc and Sirv.
Digimarc is an image watermarking service which invisibly adds secret watermarks to your images by tweaking a few of the pixels. All the images hosted in your Sirv account can be protected by activating the Digimarc® Guardian for Images feature.
Can you spot the difference? These two images look identical but one contains a Digimarc.
Instant, automatic watermarking
Sirv applies your unique Digimarc watermark to your images instantly, on-the-fly. No special image preparation is needed, nor is the Digimarc Photoshop plugin. Just upload any image and it can be immediately watermarked, resized, cropped or have any other of the Sirv dynamic imaging options applied.
Start using Digimarc
- Create your Digimarc account. Choose from Basic, Professional and Enterprise accounts. Pricing starts from $49/month.
- Send a message to the Sirv support team with your Digimarc creator ID and PIN, requesting activation of Digimarc for your Sirv account. If you don’t already have a Sirv account, create one now.
- Right-click on any folder in your Sirv account where you’d like to embed Digimarc watermarks and choose “Folder settings”:
- To enable Digimarc on that folder, set “Digimarc protection” to “Enabled”:
- Any new image or 360 spin created from files in this folder (or its sub-folders) will have your a Digimarc embedded.
Enable or disable Digimarc per folder as you require. Images in your root folder cannot have a Digimarc watermark embedded. This is not a limitation because you are advised to organize images in folders and subfolders to keep them structure and manageable.
If you wish to apply Digimarc to images that have already been processed by Sirv before you enabled Digimarc, the previous image will have been cached for 7 days. The image will be automatically recreated with the Digimarc within the next 7 days (the TTL used by Sirv). If you wish to replace a non-Digimarc image sooner than that, simply add one of the many image parameters to the URL and a new image will be generated. Alternatively, you can reupload the original image and all cached versions of the image will be immediately invalidated.
Supported file formats
Sirv supports the export of all major image formats with Digimarc:
- JPEG images
- PNG images
- WebP images
There are some exceptions:
- GIF export is not supported.
- Progressive JPEG export is not supported.
- Digimarc supports 8-bit images only (not 16-bit images).
- Lossless compression will render the Digimarc unreadable.
- To apply a Digimarc, images must be larger than 256px width and 256px height.
- Digimarc is not applied to the small image tiles generated by Sirv Zoom.
Our customer support team is ready to answer your Digimarc questions. Please contact our team from your Sirv account.